In 1996, when I built my first website for the band Supergrass, people thought web development (or the internet in general) was some dark art and that websites could only be created by magicians. Following the launch of Flash and some early WYSYWG tools, the industry opened up, and before long, everyone was knitting websites. So, where is the web heading next? Here are our thoughts on the web development trends for 2023
A brief history of web development
- 1989: Tim Berners-Lee develops the first web server, web browser, and document formatting protocol, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
- 1991: Linus Torvalds creates the open-source Linux, providing a free platform for serving the web.
- 1993: Marc Andreessen developed the Mosaic web browser, making a simple client to view web pages on.
- 1994: Yahoo Directory launches
- 1995: Microsoft Explorer launches
- 1996: Flash Launches
- 2003: WordPress (and Devstars) launched
- 2004: Google search launches to the public
- 2004: Facebook launches
- 2005: YouTube debuts
- 2006: Shopify & Twitter Launch
- 2007: iPhone announced
- 2008: Chrome Browser launches
- 2016: Traffic on mobile phones exceeds desktop traffic
- 2020: Flash is dead
The 20 latest web development trends to consider
Some of these might not be new but are included here as we still consider them some of the top web development trends in recent years.
The rise of Artificial Intelligence and AI web technologies
AI is pivotal in modern web development, enhancing user experiences and streamlining processes. It stands head and shoulders above all our other latest trends.
By analyzing user behaviour and utilising natural language processing, AI-driven tools like chatbots and recommendation systems provide real-time assistance, enhancing customer engagement.
Machine learning aids in personalized content delivery, boosting user satisfaction and retention.
AI can also automate repetitive tasks like data entry and testing, saving time and reducing errors.
Several AI tools elevate website usability:
- Chatbots provide instant support, addressing user queries 24/7.
- Personalization engines use AI to tailor content, improving relevance.
- A/B testing platforms utilize AI algorithms to optimize design and layout choices.
- Voice search integration powered by AI enables hands-free navigation.
- Image and video recognition tools enhance accessibility by describing visual content.
- Predictive analytics helps anticipate user behavior, aiding decision-making.
- Security algorithms guard against threats and unauthorized access.
AI empowers web developers to create dynamic, user-centric platforms that adapt to evolving needs, ultimately leading to improved engagement, conversions, and business success.
WordPress remains relevant in 2023 due to its versatile and user-friendly nature, making it a cornerstone of web development. Its importance lies in its accessibility, extensibility, and adaptability, which cater to various business needs.
Relevance and Benefits:
- User-Friendly Interface: WordPress’s intuitive dashboard allows businesses to easily create, edit, and manage content without extensive technical knowledge, fostering efficiency.
- Customizability: The vast array of themes, plugins, and templates empowers businesses to tailor their websites to match brand identity, ensuring a unique online presence. And there’s nothing better than a bespoke WordPress website.
- SEO-Friendly: WordPress inherently offers features that support search engine optimization, enhancing visibility and attracting organic traffic.
- Scalability: WordPress scales effectively from small startups to large enterprises, accommodating business growth and changing requirements. We built a press centre for Nokia in WordPress and a multilingual e-commerce site for Molton Brown in the platform.
- E-Commerce Integration: With plugins like WooCommerce, businesses can establish robust online stores, facilitating seamless transactions.
- Community and Support: A vibrant community ensures constant updates, security enhancements, and troubleshooting, maintaining a secure and stable platform.
- Mobile Responsiveness: WordPress themes are designed with mobile devices in mind, catering to the increasingly mobile user base.
- Content Management: The platform’s built-in tools streamline content creation, scheduling, and publication, enabling consistent and timely communication.
- Cost-Effectiveness: WordPress reduces development costs and time, making it a budget-friendly solution for businesses of all sizes.
- Analytics and Insights: Plugins and integrations provide valuable insights into user behaviour, aiding data-driven decisions.
- Blogging and Content Marketing: WordPress’s roots in blogging support content marketing strategies, helping businesses engage their audience effectively.
- Community Engagement: Interactive elements like comments and social media integrations foster audience interaction and community building.
WordPress benefits summary
In conclusion, WordPress’s relevance stems from its ability to evolve with technological trends and accommodate diverse business needs. Its user-centric design, extensive ecosystem, and practical benefits make it an invaluable tool for businesses striving to establish a strong online presence and drive success in 2023 and beyond.
Webflow is an all-in-one web design platform that empowers us to build professional, custom websites without the hassle of coding. Imagine having the design flexibility of sophisticated software like Adobe Photoshop combined with the power to build and launch a fully functional website. That’s Webflow in a nutshell.
For you as a client, this means faster development times and more creative freedom. You’ll get a website that looks stunning and performs exceptionally well. Webflow offers built-in responsive design, so your site will look and work great on any device, from smartphones to desktops. Plus, you can easily make content updates through its user-friendly Content Management System (CMS) without consulting a developer for every small change.
Webflow also has robust hosting, ensuring your website is fast, secure, and always online. It takes care of all the technical stuff like SEO optimization, backups, and updates so we can focus on what matters: creating a website that perfectly aligns with your brand and business objectives. With Webflow, you get a website and a flexible digital platform that can grow and evolve with your business. One of our favourite Web Development Trends of 2023 specifically.
Otherwise known as one-page sites. These are the ultimate Minimal viable product (MVP) for website development. In a mobile-first world, it’s easier for users to scroll than click, so utilising lazy load and keeping users on the page presents a great starting point for small businesses and start-ups. Over time, you can add a blog or case studies, but your single-page application will make you quick to market even with a tight budget.
Push notifications can be a game-changer for your business, acting like a virtual tap on the shoulder to engage your customers instantly. Imagine your customers walking past your coffee shop and receiving a notification on their phones for a limited-time discount on their favourite brew. The power of push notifications is in their immediacy and relevance, driving foot traffic and timely action.
Push notifications can be tailored to user behaviour, location, and preferences, making your marketing efforts incredibly targeted. They can be used to alert customers of new arrivals and special offers or even to nudge them to complete an abandoned shopping cart. Since they pop up directly on the phone screen, they grab attention better than emails, which might go unread.
Also, they are cost-effective. Traditional advertising methods like print or TV ads can be costly and less targeted. With push notifications, you’re reaching out directly to people who’ve already shown interest in your business, increasing the likelihood of a successful interaction. You can even track customer engagement in real time, allowing you to tweak your strategy for better results. In short, push notifications can enhance customer engagement, boost sales, and offer valuable insights into customer behaviour without breaking the bank.
Serverless architecture is like a modern kitchen where you cook without worrying about the gas, electricity, or even the stove. Imagine if you just put your ingredients in and prepared meals for you. In this “kitchen,” you only pay for what you cook, not the gas or electricity you didn’t use.
This is how serverless architecture works in the world of computing.
When a company wants to create a digital service or application, it typically needs to buy and maintain expensive servers.
With serverless architecture, cloud providers like Amazon, Microsoft, or Google take care of all that heavy lifting. You upload your recipe (or, in tech terms, your code), and they make sure it runs smoothly, scaling up or down automatically depending on how many people use the service.
In simple terms, serverless lets developers focus on creating great applications without worrying about the underlying hardware. It’s cost-effective because you only pay for what you use, and it’s flexible because it can easily adapt to growing or shrinking demand.
While it’s not perfect for every situation, serverless is an increasingly popular option that makes getting new ideas easier and quicker.
Cloud computing offers significant advantages for web development by enhancing efficiency, scalability, and collaboration. These solutions, hosted on remote servers and accessible via the internet, streamline development processes and optimise website performance.
Cloud-based platforms provide scalability, allowing developers to easily adjust resources based on traffic fluctuations, ensuring optimal site performance even during peak usage. They offer cost-effectiveness by eliminating the need for upfront hardware investments and reducing maintenance expenses. Collaboration is also streamlined as remote teams can work simultaneously on the same project, enhancing productivity.
Additionally, cloud services offer a range of development tools, frameworks, and databases that accelerate development cycles.
Automated deployment and continuous integration tools enable quicker updates and reduced downtime. Cloud-based security measures and backup solutions enhance site reliability and data protection. Moreover, the global accessibility of cloud services ensures that websites are available to users worldwide with minimal latency.
In conclusion, cloud-based solutions revolutionize web development by providing a flexible, cost-efficient, and collaborative environment. These advantages translate into more efficient websites through enhanced scalability, faster development cycles, improved security, and seamless global accessibility.
Responsive design is an approach to web development that ensures websites adapt seamlessly to various screen sizes and devices, providing an optimal user experience regardless of the device being used, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktops. It uses flexible layouts, fluid images, and media queries to dynamically adjust content and design elements.
In 2023, responsive design remains crucial due to the proliferation of diverse devices and screen sizes. With the rise of mobile and tablet usage, users expect websites to load quickly and function perfectly across all platforms.
Google’s search algorithms also prioritize mobile-friendly sites, affecting search engine rankings. Moreover, responsive design streamlines maintenance, as developers only need to manage a single codebase, reducing development time and costs.
As user expectations evolve and technology advances, responsive design ensures that websites remain accessible, engaging, and user-friendly across the ever-expanding array of devices in the digital landscape.
JAMstack’s benefits include enhanced site speed and security, as content is pre-built and served through Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), reducing server processing time and vulnerability points.
Developers can leverage APIs to integrate services and functionalities without being tied to a specific backend technology, leading to greater flexibility and scalability. With its separation of concerns, developers can work independently on frontend, backend, and content creation, boosting productivity.
JAMstack is changing web development by promoting a static-first philosophy, where websites are generated ahead of time and deployed as static files, reducing the need for complex server setups and databases. This approach aligns with the growing demand for fast-loading, dynamic web experiences.
JAMstack is reshaping how websites are built, enhancing user experiences, and reflecting the trend toward efficient and cutting-edge development practices by simplifying workflows and focusing on performance, security, and modularity.
Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) have evolved from a trend to a crucial aspect of web development in 2023 due to their ability to bridge the gap between web and native app experiences, offering users seamless interactions across various devices.
The importance of PWAs explained:
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: PWAs work across different platforms, devices, and browsers, reducing the need for developing separate native apps for each platform.
- Offline Functionality: PWAs can function offline or with limited connectivity, providing uninterrupted user experiences and enhancing engagement.
- Fast Loading: PWAs leverage caching and service workers to load quickly, reducing bounce rates and keeping users engaged.
- Responsive Design: PWAs automatically adjust to different screen sizes, ensuring a consistent and visually pleasing experience.
- Discoverability: PWAs are discoverable through search engines, enabling users to find them easily without needing to download from app stores.
- Lower Development Costs: Developing a single PWA is more cost-effective than creating separate native apps for multiple platforms.
Examples of Successful PWAs:
- Twitter Lite (should that be X-Lite?): Twitter’s PWA offers a faster, data-efficient experience, attracting users in regions with limited internet connectivity.
- Pinterest: Pinterest’s PWA delivers a rich, interactive experience regardless of the device, leading to increased user engagement.
- Uber: Uber’s PWA provides core functionalities even on slow networks, allowing users to book rides seamlessly.
- Trivago: Trivago’s PWA offers quick load times and offline access, catering to travelers searching for hotels on the go.
- Starbucks: Starbucks’ PWA allows users to order and pay in advance, making in-store pickup more efficient.
In 2023, PWAs continue gaining traction due to their ability to combine the best web and app experiences, fostering user engagement, reducing development costs, and improving accessibility. Their significance lies in providing users with fast, reliable, and engaging interactions, making them more than just a passing trend in web application development.
The API-first approach to web development involves prioritising the creation of well-defined and robust APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) before building the front or backend of a digital project.
In 2023, the API-first approach is particularly relevant due to several advantages. It promotes modularity and reusability, allowing different project parts to function independently and be used in various contexts. This accelerates development by enabling teams to work on different components simultaneously. Moreover, APIs provide a clear separation between the frontend and backend, fostering collaboration among developers with different skill sets.
The API-first approach also supports multi-channel experiences by offering consistent data and functionalities across different platforms, such as web and mobile. It future-proofs projects by enabling easy adaptation to new technologies and interfaces.
With the increasing demand for seamless integrations and fast-paced development cycles, the API-first approach empowers web developers to create efficient, adaptable, and collaborative digital solutions that align with the evolving needs of the technological landscape.
Mobile-first development holds immense importance in 2023 due to our escalating attachment to mobile devices. The growth in mobile usage is one of the key Web Development Trends to note. With more people relying on smartphones and tablets as their primary internet access point, businesses must prioritize delivering optimal experiences on these platforms.
The significance lies in user behaviour trends; individuals increasingly use mobile devices for tasks ranging from communication and shopping to entertainment and work. Websites that aren’t optimized for mobile frustrate users and lose potential customers and engagement.
As mobile technology advances, including 5G connectivity and AR/VR capabilities, the potential for innovative mobile experiences grows. By embracing mobile-first design principles, businesses can tap into this potential and adapt to users’ preferences, ultimately driving engagement, conversions, and overall success in a mobile-centric world.
Multilingual web development
A multilingual website in 2023 offers significant advantages for businesses aiming to expand their reach and engage with global audiences. Catering to diverse linguistic preferences is paramount, with the world becoming increasingly interconnected.
Firstly, a multilingual website breaks down language barriers, making content accessible and relatable to people across different regions. This fosters better user experiences, leading to increased engagement, longer time spent on the site, and higher conversion rates.
Secondly, it enhances global visibility and SEO. Providing content in multiple languages makes the website more discoverable in search engines across various linguistic regions, driving organic traffic and boosting rankings.
Thirdly, a multilingual approach demonstrates cultural sensitivity and inclusivity, which builds trust and rapport with international customers. It showcases a commitment to understanding their needs and preferences.
Lastly, it opens doors to new markets, facilitating business expansion beyond domestic borders. Companies that offer information and services in users’ native languages have a competitive edge in gaining customer loyalty and market share.
A multilingual website is a powerful tool for connecting with a global audience, fostering engagement, bolstering SEO efforts, and facilitating international growth in the dynamic landscape of 2023 and beyond.
Headless CMS architecture
A headless CMS architecture in web development offers compelling advantages, including accelerated development and enhanced performance. Development teams can work in parallel by decoupling the backend content management system from the front end, resulting in faster development times. This separation allows for independent updates and modifications, streamlining maintenance and reducing downtime.
Improved performance is achieved through APIs, which deliver content efficiently, and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), optimizing global loading times. With no predefined front end, developers can choose the most suitable technologies for creating interactive and dynamic user interfaces. This flexibility also extends to various platforms, as content can be easily repurposed for web, mobile, and other devices, ensuring consistent brand experiences.
Furthermore, the system’s security is bolstered, as direct access to the database is eliminated from the front end.
Overall, a headless CMS architecture empowers developers to build websites and applications that are agile, high-performing, and adaptable to evolving technological trends.
Voice search optimisation
Voice search optimization is paramount in 2023 due to the increasing prevalence of voice-activated devices and assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant. Users rely on voice search to perform tasks faster and hands-free, altering how people interact with the web and digital content.
Optimizing for voice search enhances web experiences by ensuring that content is easily discoverable through natural language queries. As search queries in voice mode are conversational, optimizing for long-tail keywords and providing succinct, direct answers becomes crucial. This improves user engagement and aligns with Google’s emphasis on providing direct answers in featured snippets.
Applications that have benefited from voice search optimization include:
- E-commerce Sites: Voice search enables users to find products quickly, compare prices, and make purchases, enhancing the shopping experience.
- Local Businesses: Optimizing for local voice search helps businesses attract nearby customers looking for products or services.
- News Websites: Voice search offers immediate access to news updates, weather forecasts, and other real-time information.
- Healthcare and Medical Services: Users can inquire about symptoms, treatments, and locate nearby medical facilities effortlessly.
- Recipe and Cooking Apps: Users can follow recipes step-by-step through voice-guided instructions, even when their hands are busy in the kitchen.
By embracing voice search optimization, websites and applications can better serve users’ needs, anticipate their behavior, and create seamless, hands-free interactions, ultimately enhancing the overall user experience in the dynamic digital landscape of 2023 and beyond.
Optimisation for dark mode
Optimizing websites and web apps for dark mode is crucial due to the growing popularity of this feature on desktop & mobile devices. Dark mode reduces eye strain, conserves battery life on OLED screens, and provides a visually appealing experience, prompting more users to adopt it across various platforms.
To ensure a seamless dark mode experience, developers should:
- Design with Contrast in Mind: Use high contrast between text and background to maintain readability in low-light conditions.
- Choose Appropriate Colors: Opt for dark color schemes that are easy on the eyes and complement the content, maintaining visual hierarchy.
- Use Media Queries: Implement CSS media queries to detect users’ device preferences and adjust styles accordingly for light or dark mode.
- Test Across Devices: Verify the appearance and functionality of the website in dark mode on various devices to ensure consistency.
- Address Accessibility: Ensure that dark mode maintains accessibility standards, with sufficient color contrast and proper text sizing.
- Test Images and Icons: Images, icons, and graphics should also be optimized for dark mode to avoid visibility issues.
- Provide User Control: Allow users to toggle between light and dark modes according to their preferences.
- Minimize Glare: Reduce bright elements that can cause glare, enhancing the comfortable viewing experience.
As more users adopt dark mode across devices, optimizing websites and web apps for this feature caters to user preferences and enhances usability and user satisfaction. It’s essential to adapt design, color schemes, and functionality to ensure a smooth transition between light and dark modes, creating an inclusive and appealing digital environment.
Augmented and virtual reality experiences
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) have the potential to revolutionize online storytelling by offering immersive and personalized experiences that captivate users in unprecedented ways. These technologies allow users to engage with content deeper, creating memorable and impactful narratives.
AR enhances real-world environments by overlaying digital information, adding layers of interactivity to stories. For instance, a historical article could feature AR elements that bring historical figures to life through interactive 3D models. Conversely, VR transports users to entirely different worlds, enabling them to step into the story’s setting. Imagine experiencing a news report from the scene or exploring a story’s universe firsthand.
Integrating AR and VR into web development requires several steps:
- Content Creation: Develop engaging content tailored for AR and VR experiences, including 3D models, videos, and interactive elements.
- Web Compatibility: Employ WebVR and WebAR frameworks that allow users to access these experiences directly from web browsers, eliminating the need for standalone apps.
- User Interaction: Incorporate user interaction through gestures, gaze, or controllers to navigate and engage with AR and VR content.
- Responsive Design: Ensure the experiences are responsive across devices, accommodating different screen sizes and capabilities.
- Performance Optimization: Optimize assets to maintain smooth performance, as lag or glitches can break the immersive illusion.
- Accessibility: Design with accessibility in mind, providing options for those with disabilities to engage with AR and VR content.
- Testing and Feedback: Thoroughly test experiences across devices and gather user feedback to refine and improve the immersive storytelling.
By embracing AR and VR in web development, developers can craft dynamic narratives that transport users into different worlds or enhance their understanding of real-world events. This evolution in storytelling presents endless opportunities to engage, educate, and entertain users in previously unimaginable ways.
Core Web Vitals
Core Web Vitals are essential metrics for measuring a website’s performance and user experience. They offer insights into key aspects of web interaction, such as loading, interactivity, and visual stability. Understanding and optimizing Core Web Vitals are crucial for delivering users a seamless and satisfying browsing experience.
Importance for Performance and User Experience
- User Engagement: Fast-loading pages with smooth interactivity keep users engaged and encourage them to explore content.
- Reduced Bounce Rates: Slow or unresponsive pages often lead to users bouncing off the site, negatively impacting engagement and conversions.
- Positive Perception: Websites that load quickly and respond promptly convey professionalism, reliability, and user-centricity.
- Mobile Friendliness: Core Web Vitals align with mobile usability, which is increasingly critical given the growth of mobile users.
- Optimize Loading Speed: Minimize server response times, leverage browser caching, and compress images to accelerate initial page rendering.
- Minimize Layout Shifts: Ensure that page content doesn’t shift unexpectedly during loading, enhancing visual stability.
Google Ranking Consideration:
When ranking websites, Google values user experience and considers both page speed and Core Web Vitals. Websites with better performance and user experience are more likely to rank higher in search results, potentially increasing visibility and organic traffic.
In conclusion, Core Web Vitals directly impact how users perceive and interact with websites. By understanding and optimizing these metrics, developers can provide a fast, engaging, and stable browsing experience, ultimately improving user satisfaction, reducing bounce rates, and positively influencing search engine rankings.
Blockchain technology integrations
Businesses can harness the power of blockchain technologies in web development to enhance security, transparency, and efficiency across various processes. Integrating blockchain can lead to improved data management, streamlined transactions, and enhanced user trust.
Here’s how businesses can leverage blockchain in web development:
- Secure Data Management: Implement blockchain to create a decentralized and tamper-resistant database, ensuring the integrity and security of user data, transactions, and sensitive information.
- Smart Contracts: Utilize smart contracts to automate and enforce agreements, reducing the need for intermediaries and minimizing human error in processes like payments, supply chain tracking, and more.
- Supply Chain Transparency: Employ blockchain to track and verify the origins and movements of products, enhancing transparency and authenticity in supply chain management.
- Digital Identity: Create secure and self-sovereign digital identities for users, enabling more secure logins, access control, and data sharing.
- Micropayments and Cryptocurrencies: Integrate blockchain-based payment systems for seamless micropayments, cross-border transactions, and decentralized finance (DeFi) applications.
- Content Ownership and Intellectual Property: Use blockchain to prove ownership of digital assets, such as art, music, or content, allowing creators to monetize and protect their work.
Examples of Blockchain Integration
- Cryptocurrencies and Payments: Websites like Overstock and Shopify accept cryptocurrencies as payment methods, enabling borderless transactions and reducing payment processing fees.
- Supply Chain Management: IBM’s Food Trust platform utilizes blockchain to track the journey of food products from farm to consumer, ensuring transparency and safety.
- Decentralized Apps (dApps): Ethereum-based dApps offer a range of services, from decentralized finance to gaming, all powered by blockchain technology.
- Digital Identity: Microsoft’s decentralized identity project aims to give users control over their personal information, enabling secure and private authentication online.
- Content Ownership: Platforms like Audius and Rarible use blockchain to empower artists by allowing them to retain ownership and control over their music and digital artwork.
By integrating blockchain technologies into web development, businesses can create more secure, efficient, and transparent online experiences, opening up new opportunities for innovation and value creation.
Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is simplifying data collection and analysis for companies by connecting physical devices and objects to the internet, generating vast amounts of real-time data. This data holds valuable insights into consumer behavior, product usage, and operational efficiency.
Brands can leverage IoT-generated data to inform their web development strategies in the following ways:
- Personalized Experiences: By understanding user interactions with IoT-enabled products, brands can tailor web experiences to individual preferences and behaviors, enhancing user engagement and satisfaction.
- Real-time Updates: Brands can use IoT data to provide real-time updates on product status, inventory levels, or service availability, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information on their websites.
- Performance Optimization: Monitoring IoT device data can help brands identify usage patterns and potential issues, enabling them to optimize website performance and user experiences accordingly.
- Predictive Analytics: Analyzing historical IoT data enables brands to predict user needs and preferences, allowing them to adjust website content, offerings, and promotions proactively.
- Data-Driven Design: Insights from IoT data can inform user interface design decisions, ensuring that websites are intuitive and responsive to the ways users interact with IoT devices.
- Marketing Strategies: IoT data can shape marketing campaigns, helping brands target audiences effectively and develop content that resonates with their customers.
- User Education: Brands can use IoT data to identify common user queries or challenges, developing informative website content or FAQs that address these issues.
Incorporating IoT-generated data into web development empowers brands to create more personalized, efficient, and user-centric online experiences, fostering stronger connections and better meeting customer needs in the dynamic digital landscape.
Web Development Trends FAQs
Progressive Web Apps are web applications that offer a native app-like experience, including offline access and push notifications.
AI is becoming increasingly integrated into web development, affecting everything from SEO algorithms to user experience.
Serverless architecture is a cloud computing execution model where cloud providers automatically manage the infrastructure, allowing developers to focus on coding.
SPAs or one-page sites are popular for their speed, as they don’t require a page reload for every new piece of content.
Begin with a clear understanding of your application’s core functionalities and data flow, then design the API based on these factors.
Common risks include unauthorized data access and physical attacks on the device.
As the wheels of technology keep turning, staying updated with the 20 Web Development Trends To Try in 2023 is crucial for anyone in the field. From Progressive Web Apps to AI integration, these trends are shaping the future of web development. Equip yourself with this knowledge to stay ahead in this ever-evolving industry.
We hope you have found this article interesting. Please drop me a line if you have any thoughts, questions or want advice on your next web project.